Brookside Gardens will be hosting GreenFest on Saturday, April 23, 2022. This free event is one of the county's largest Earth Day festivals and is a chance for residents, businesses, and nonprofits to share ideas, learn together, and have fun!
Brookside Gardens is a popular 50 acre public park in Wheaton, Maryland. This year's event will offer a variety of family-fun activities, entertainment, and presentations on environmental issues of the day:
- Face painting and children’s activities
- Interactive musical petting zoo and games
- Kid’s tree climbing
- Plant and tree giveaways
- Green Arts & Crafts Fair
- Over 60 exhibitors featuring environmental non-profits, including Climate First!
- Children’s yoga
- Electric vehicle and car show: World’s first electric truck (Rivian) will be on display!
- Food trucks (vegan options available)
- Free parking and shuttle service between Glenmont Metro Station and Brookside Gardens
- And more!
Images: GreenFest 2019.
Walk the trails, chill out on the grass, and explore the neighboring Brookside Nature Center, all while discovering how you can go green at home and in the community.
Follow the GreenFest on social #MCGreenFest.
When: 11 am to 5 pm, Saturday, April 23, 2022.
Where: Brookside Gardens, Wheaton, Maryland. To use public transportation, take the Metro's Red Line to Glenmont Metro station, and then board the free shuttle (10:30 am-6 pm) to the park.
Misc. info: For more info, go to GreenFest.
Be the first to comment
Sign in withFacebook Twitter